Well, shake it up, baby, now (Shake it up, baby) Twist and shout (Twist and shout)


Well, shake it up, baby, now (Shake it up, baby)
Twist and shout (Twist and shout)
C'mon c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, baby, now (Come on baby)
Come on and work it on out (Work it on out)

Well, work it on out, honey (Work it on out)
You know you look so good (Look so good)
You know you got me goin', now (Got me goin')
Just like I knew you would (Like I knew you would)
"Twist and Shout" is a 1961 song written by Phil Medley and Bert Berns (later credited as "Bert Russell"). The song was originally titled "Shake It Up, Baby" and recorded by the Top Notes. It first became a chart hit as a cover single by the Isley Brothers. It was subsequently recorded by the English group the Beatles and released on their first album Please Please Me.

I am not and never have been a Beatles fan; but,  as my readers well know, I am more than willing to “Twist and Shout” about the things I was taught to believe in and that the GIRVAN FAMILY name stands for.

Comments

Popular Posts