Coffee and Fast Food Outlets--The Most Expensive Coffee In The World Tastes Like @%it, Because That Is What It Is.

Luwak(Asian Palm Civet) Coffee 
More Information and Photos:  http://www.fotopedia.com/wiki/Kopi_Luwak

The Asian Palm Civet (Paradoxurus hermaphrodititus),also called Toddy Cat is a small member of the Viverridale family native to South and South-east Asia.Although it belongs to Order Carnivera it is obviously an omnivore.

Hello! My name is Al Girvan.

Hello! My name is Al Girvan. When people ask me what I do to keep active and I tell them I work on my cook-book and websites, they give me a blank look. Most days I do spend time working on my hobby websites and I also spend some time in our games room; where I am presently conducting clinics to give beginners a proper foundation in the techniques of pool. And, these activities do serve to keep both my body and mind active. Isn't that a lot better than; as many people do, spending ALL my life watching TV or playing computer games.
My blogs are not commercial in nature. This isn't a commercial project and is only intended to benefit and enlighten everyone  on the internet.  If you feel that posting any images violates or infringes on any copyright or trademark rights, please notify me immediately and I will remove the image(s) and or link to the owner. Anything so posted amounts to FREE ADVERTISING for that owner and site.



Do YOU pay enough attention to commercial advertising?
It's Good to the Last Dropping.
It's collected in Indonesia from the scat of a small omnivorous animal called a Luwak.
It is commonly known as " cat-poop coffee.
 It costs$300.00 a pound.
 You have to have a highly developed epicurean taste palate to really enjoy it.

We already know the price of Luwack Coffee. What we need to establish is it's value and where the value lies. Connoisseurship can be ruled out right off the top. The rational behind Luwack coffee is that the luwack, looking for sweet fruit, picks only the BEST  and ripest coffee cherry yielding the best beans.
 Some also argue that: FERMENTATION??? IN THE lUWAK'S DIGESTIVE JUICES ADD A LAYER OF FLAVOUR THAT JUST CAN'T BE DUPLICATED. 

Many of the fast food outlets, as part of a promotional campaign, are advertising that they are now selling 100% Aribica coffee. What the Hell were they selling before? There are basically only two types of coffee in the world.
 They are Robust or Robusta- which is considered a low grade "wild" coffee and until fairly recently with very limited commercial value - and Aribica-which is the main coffee produced commercially- any differences in flavour of Aribica coffee are usually due to the roasting process but there are also flavoured coffees. Robust coffee is used in "Blends" of inferior quality"Expresso"and other coffees of strong bitter flavour, and "Instant" coffees.


 The most expensive "GOURMET" coffee in the world is made from the droppings after animals have eaten and digested the Aribica berry. If your coffee is not 100% Aribica it is because chickory,toasted bran, or SOME OTHER ARTIFICIAL FILLER has been added. Or, you are buying an inferior blend or "House" brand. 

Comments

Popular Posts